- This event has passed.
Current, Powered by GE (AIA) Webinar – Disinfection Lighting
November 12, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC+0
CURRENT, POWERED BY GE (AIA) WEBINAR – DISINFECTION LIGHTING
Dave Korow, Senior Lighting Specialist – GE Current, a Daintree Company
Category: 1 AIA credit hour
About this Course
This LED Disinfection Lighting course is designed to provide you with an improved understanding of why disinfection lighting technology is a useful tool in reducing pathogens, how to compare different types of disinfection technology, and a summary of the international testing standard for Photobiological Safety of Lamps and Lamp.
Specific topics include:
- Healthcare Acquired Infections (HAIs) and their impact to Families and Healthcare Providers
- Describe common human pathogens
- CDC Guidelines for Sanitation, Disinfection and Sterilization.
- Electromagnetic Spectrum: UVC, UVB UVA and VIS
- IEC 62471 – Photobiological Safety of Lamps and Lamp
- Log Kill and Percent Kill calculations
- Commercially available Disinfection Lighting Products
- Example of an installation
This course is focused on providing information about Disinfection Lighting solutions that reduce the risk of contracting infectious diseases, thereby increasing the health, safety and welfare of people in the space.
Please contact Jessica Francis at Jessica.Francis@gecurrent.com with any questions.
Thursday, November 12
11:00 AM PST