NEWS & EVENTS
KIRLIN LIGHTING - NSF CERTIFIED LUMINAIRES
NSF Certified: What it Means and Why it’s Important
Obtaining an NSF certification is a rigorous process – products are tested annually to continuously meet strict standards, ensure safe designs, and meet sanitation requirements for materials, fabrication, construction, and performance. Many establishments that require an environment to be completely free of contaminants depend on the NSF/ANSI 2 certification, especially cleanroom environments such as medical research laboratories, operating rooms, food service facilities, sterile packaging locations, and healthcare facilities.
All of Kirlin’s NSF/ANSI 2-rated luminaries are designed for ultimate infection control with Kirlin’s BioGard™ anti-microbial finish, IP65/IP66-rated trims, and perforation-free sealed housings to prevent airflow and particle flow into and out of the fixture.
Why are Kirlin’s NSF Rated Downlights Great for Cleanroom Environments?
- Available in 6″, 7″, and 8″ Apertures
- Lumen output up to 7000L
- Available in a variety of distributions and CCTs
- IP65 and IP66 versions
- UL Listed: Wet, Damp, Dry Locations
- Static-color models in blue (465nm), green (521nm), yellow/amber (590nm), red/orange (617nm), red/amber (634nm), and red (660nm)
- Specifiable dimming to 0.1%
- Variety of control options available including 0-10V, DALI, DMX